Date: 23 June 2022 (Thursday)
Time: 10am - 12pm & 1pm - 3pm
Mode of delivery: Virtual via Zoom
This online workshop provides attendees with an understanding of various REC programs globally, how they are being used around the world to drive investment in renewable energy, insights into market dynamics, and how a robust REC-based scheme could be used in Singapore to increase investment in renewable energy.
At the conclusion of the training session, attendees will:
- know how RECs can be used to motivate and enable businesses to procure and/or invest in renewable energy
- understand different international approaches to driving investment in renewable energy through the creation and monetisation of RECs, including policy design considerations
- be able to differentiate between different types of RECs and know the advantages and disadvantages of each (including small vs large RECs and the different 'attributes' of RECs under different schemes)
- know who the 'buyer' of RECs is under different policy designs
- have an understanding of REC market dynamics and the key factors driving supply, demand and price
- comprehend the role (actual and potential) of RECs in the Singaporean and regional context
- receive any updates from the SEAS Work Group on progress made to date
- understand the future developments in the renewable energy policy space globally.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance from SEAS upon completion.
SCEM Participants will be awarded with 4 PDU Points