PV systems convert sunlight directly to electricity. It allows a building to save electricity costs from SP PowerGrid and stand out from the crowd, by enhancing its environmental and high-tech appeal. Just a few years ago, PV projects required additional incentive to make them commercially viable. But costs have declined such that projects achieves payback periods below 10 years, yielding attractive internal rates of return (IRR) of 8–12%. This applies to systems that perform properly for 20–25 years, in line with PV module power warranties.
Many aspiring PV systems owners find themselves poorly prepared when requesting system proposals and evaluating offers, it might be difficult to distinguish a good system from a mediocre one. Hence, we have invited an experienced PV industry professional to clear your doubts.
At the end of the programme, participants will:
- Understand the possibilities and limitations of solar PV on buildings
- Understand the economics and payback of PV systems
- Be familiar with the incentive schemes for PV
- Be familiar with the incentive schemes for PV systems
- Understand how to specify and evaluate PV project proposal
- Energy Managers
- Contractors, M&E consultants, academicsand and researchers) employed in Construction, Real Estate Management & Maintenance and Process industries, and work focusing in design, installation, test, commission, inspection and maintenance of photovoltaic systems
- People working in the renewable sector with a passion in solar energy generation