Registration is still available.
There has never been a better time to develop PV projects, whether as a capex investment or third-party financed such as under a power purchase agreement (PPA) scheme. At current retail electricity tariffs in Singapore, typical payback periods (ROI) range from 2.8 to 4.5 years for large rooftop systems, making these extremely attractive investments as well as a robust hedge against rising electricity costs and future carbon taxes. Beyond Singapore, utility scale solar farms are enjoying enhanced regulatory support, as political consensus concludes that climate change is real and mitigation is urgent.
For both rooftop and utility scale systems, the economic calculations require systems to perform reliably for 20-25 years, consistent with typical solar panel power warranties.
Many aspiring PV systems owners find themselves poorly prepared when requesting system proposals and evaluating offers. It can be difficult to distinguish a good system from a mediocre one. Hence, we have invited an experienced PV industry professional to share an insider view and clear your doubts.
At the end of the programme, participants will:
- Understand the possibilities and limitations of solar PV on buildings
- Understand the economics and payback of PV systems
- Be familiar with the incentive schemes for PV systems
- Better manage the financial aspects of a solar project
- Understand how to specify and evaluate PV project proposals
- Draw comparisons between solar and other power generators
- Energy Managers
- Contractors, M&E consultants, academicsand and researchers) employed in Construction, Real Estate Management & Maintenance and Process industries, and work focusing in design, installation, test, commission, inspection and maintenance of photovoltaic systems
- People working in the renewable sector with a passion in solar energy generation