Course Date: 26 - 28 July 2023
Time: 9am - 6pm
Mode of delivery: Face-to-face
Site suitability ensures that the solar power plant is optimally located. Placing the plant in unsuitable site and will cause solar PV production efficiency to drop or malfunction.
Learners need to know what constitutes site suitability, how to assess sites, how to conduct energy assessment and how they should optimise solar PV designs.
In this way, they can help to resolve space optimisation problem, derive optimum cost function value, and mitigate technical constraints related to the suitability of the sites for the plants.
This course will equip learners with the knowledge and skills to administer energy assessments and site analysis procedures so that learners can recommend suitable sites and optimisation methods for usable space.
Participants will also be required to complete a self-directed e-learning.
- Energy Managers
- Senior Solar Technologist
- Principal Solar Technologist
- Anyone keen to perform site feasibility assessments to optimise economic/ Photovoltaic energy yield in projects
1. Features of Solar Photovoltaic (PV)
- Identify the aspects of the Solar Industry - Key Market Trends, Overview of Industry, Overview of Solar Energy
- Recall key solar concepts in design - Solar Energy Types, Radiation distribution and Sun movement, Irradiance, Isolation and Sun Hour
- Identify and recall types of instruments in measuring solar irradiance and interpret radiation data
- Perform Panel Tilt and Orientation Calculation
- Configure Solar PV Systems - Types of electrical configurations, On/Off Grid considerations, Hybrid Solar Systems
- Identify factors that contribute to Solar Performance
2. Site Analysis Process
- Explain the importance of Site Feasibility
- Explain impact of shading, weather and physical constraints on site feasibility
- Determine Space requirements and optimise space for Solar Project
- Utilise Site Feasibility Checklist to perform the Feasibility Study
- Evaluate Feasibility of Solar PhotoVoltaic Design
3. Energy Assessments
- Administer Energy Assessment to determine Solar Radiation
- Determine Energy Output from Photovoltaic Panels
- Utilise modelling tools to determine/estimate Energy yields
Participants will be issued a Statement of Attainment by SSG after fulfilling all attendance, assignment and assessment requirements
SCEM Participants will be awarded with 21 PDU Points.
(SSG Training Grant Approved Course, available for Singaporean and PR)
* Terms & conditions apply
* View here for more details on the funding schemes